We want to work with you to build intuitive, efficient and modern technological solutions.
At Arvo, we are system development experts. We partner with you to develop your unique ideas to create a product or application that is intuitive, easy to use and aesthetically pleasing.
Arvo Agency is a full-service agency in Brisbane. Every project we touch has the right mix of strategy, design and execution, which gives our clients powerful integrated business solutions.
- Local development team based on Brisbane – no offshore developers
- Multifaceted agency that can maintain your system from all angles – technology, system administration and design
- We take the time to understand your strategic intent for your systems – and then make sure that enhancements and maintenance are working towards your long term goals
- Designs are presented in a format that can be reviewed by business project members and also consumed efficiently by system developers
- We can provide the collateral needed to promote your system including brochures, a website and online marketing campaigns
- Discounts available for time insensitive work
Customised System Development
Requirements gathering is the process of describing what it is you want your system to do. Unlike our competitors, we use a customised approach to requirements gathering that reflects your business’s needs and the maturity of your idea. Whilst some of our customers have a high-level concept which requires further development prior to it being systemised, other customers already have a very detailed understanding of what they want their system to do an look like. This is why we focus on working with you to provide you with the requirements gathering solution that you need. Depending on your specific needs, we generally use a combination of the following to develop and describe the requirements:
- User walkthroughs – describing the system in terms of the users who would use it
- Wireframes – outlining the system’s screens from high-level perspective
- Feature analysis – including undertaking a MoSCoW review of which features are required in order for your system to launch
Once completed, these requirements can be used to:
- Describe the system to stakeholders and investors to win their support
- Provide a specification to a development team that they can use to estimate the build time and costs
- Maintain an ongoing resource that describes your system – which may be required for compliance or resale reasons
Once a system’s requirements are available, we are in a position where we can build and implement the system in accordance with your specifications. From a high level, this usually involves:
- Recommending a technology platform that should be used to build the system
- Building and refining the system design – so you can understand how the system will look prior and operate to it being built
- Building the system in stages – so that we can get a minimal version of your system ready for you for testing as soon as possible
We understand that as a system is built, your idea will likely undergo refinement as your idea becomes more tangible and is something you can see and interact with. This is why we look to involve you in the build process as much as possible – so that you have the ability to participate in the review of the system and adjust the specific requirements as the system is being built.
Participation in Broader Teams
Do you already have an in-house development team but find your team lacking in some technical competency? Do you have a capacity issue whereby you need to increase the team output for a period of time in order to meet your project’s deadlines? We can assist with both of these problems by providing you with on-site or remote resources with the following competencies:
- UI/UX – wireframing, style guides and design implementation
- Automated Testing – integration testing via Katalon Studio
- Solution Architecture – application architecture, infrastructure design, high availability and redundancy, cloud computing
- System Administration – server builds, application and file-system layout, maintenance scripts and scheduled jobs
The first step in ensuring a balanced UI/UX design is the creation of a wireframe. The wireframe showcases the layout of a website or application at its core, without the distraction of design elements, and allows both clients and designers to look objectively at the application’s architecture, ease of use, navigation placement and feature placement. The aim of a wireframe is to provide you with a visual understanding of an application or website early in the project, allowing for feedback and revision without costing you time or money to change a complicated design. It can also highlight what content is missing or required to fulfil the project.
User Experience Design & Review
It is our job to ensure that not only is your product functional, but that users actually enjoy using it, and want to continue using it. This is where User Experience Design comes to the forefront. This process looks at creating products that provide meaningful and personally relevant experiences for users. User Experience Design involves looking at both a products usability and the pleasure users derive from using it. We enhance the user’s satisfaction by improving usability, ease of use and the pleasure provided in the interaction between the customer and product. By providing users with a positive experience, you ensure their loyalty and continued use.
User Journey Mapping
Customers, or users, will each come to your product under a different set of circumstances and will therefore use your product differently. At Arvo, we utilise User Journey Mapping to ensure that all user scenarios are covered and that your application flows in a logical manner from page to page. We use real life business scenarios to walk through all of the possible paths a user may take within your application, ensuring their experience is streamlined and that they reach their desired outcome with as little hassle as possible. The user Journey Map will allow you to gain insight into how a user will interact with your product and can even help bring to light scenarios and outcomes that you hadn’t thought of yet
Upon completion of your product, we can provide you with a User Interface Style Guide, detailing all of the design elements incorporated within your product, for your review and for future use to ensure visual consistency is maintained. This will include, but is not limited to, elements such as colour palettes, typefaces and font treatments, navigations menus and buttons, and form elements.
Mobile First Application Designs
At Arvo, we believe that if an application if going to be primarily used on a mobile device, then that is how it should be designed. That is why we specialise in Mobile First Application Designs. Instead of designing for desktop use, then downgrading, we design for the small screen in the first instance, ensuring usability and user satisfaction from the get-go.
System Maintenance & Enhancements
Do you have an existing system which isn’t living up to your expectations? Is your incumbent provider doing a bad job, too expensive or too small/too risky for you business? Are you generally concerned about the security or stability of your system? With Arvo’s System Review service, we will conduct a review of your system looking for common system issues and failure points and will then propose a series of recommendations for you to consider around making the system better for your business. Depending on your specific needs, our review can be:
- Short – looking for common and easily-detectable issues
- Narrow – looking at a specific system issue (such as performance problem) and then recommending steps to address the issue
- Involved – conducting a detailed and tailored investigation of your system based on its architecture and your business needs
Just like servicing your car, most systems require regular maintenance in order to keep them running efficiently and effectively. Regular maintenance and checks also reduce the risk of your system going offline due to preventable problems such as disk space issues or issues being continually reported in the logs.
At Arvo, we offer customised maintenance plans that provide you peace of mind that your system is being cared for. Each plan is tailored towards the specific architecture and business needs of your system, however they all would generally include regular checking of:
- The system ecosystem – including disk space metrics, overall system performance
- Server and application logs
- Database performance and logs
- Patching reviews and implementation
If you already have a system but it needs updating or changing to continue to meet your business needs, we can assist you with this. Our developer and design teams work with new and varied systems on a regular basis and are adept at learning new systems within the shortest possible time frame, thus reducing the costs associated with implementing new changes. Additionally we offer discounts to customers who have substantial amounts of work that isn’t time-sensitive. As our business is a “peak and troughs” business where we cycle between being incredibly busy to things being a little quieter, if you allow us to schedule the work during one of our quieter periods, then we can provide you with an additional discount on top of our already-competitive rates.